Invisible tooth alignment
The Invisalign® technique uses transparent, removable plastic braces that you insert into your mouth yourself. These braces are shaped in a way that gradually and gently aligns your teeth. During the entire treatment, you can laugh and speak as you normally do, without any worry, and hardly anybody will even notice this unobtrusive treatment.
- With the aid of 3D computer graphics and stereo lithography, a pre-determined treatment goal is divided into various stages. A special brace is individually made for you for each stage.
- The treatment lasts between four and 18 months. During that period, you will have to wear the brace for the respective stage in your upper and lower jaw for about two weeks. Gradually, each brace will gently shift your teeth into the pre-defined position.
- During the treatment, the progress of the alignment is checked at regular intervals until the treatment goal is reached.
- The treatment is almost invisible. You can align your teeth without anybody noticing it.
- The braces can be taken out when eating, drinking or doing your daily oral hygiene. Therefore, you do not have to restrict your daily activities or your preventive routine.
- There is hardly any risk of inflection; metal braces and wires are not used during the treatment.
- Invisalign® is a computer-aided treatment. Simulations can visualise the result of your treatment for you to see.
Invisalign is one of several types of orthodontic treatments currently available. It is the trend of modern dentistry as it uses state-of-the-art treatment technology that replaces the traditional metal braces while still creating the perfect smile. Invisalign is a personalized orthodontic treatment that involves wearing several sets of removable, clear plastic trays instead of metal brackets and wires. Invisalign aligners are swapped bi-weekly till they move your teeth to the ideal position.
Invisalign is clear so it comprises the perfect option for patients who are concerned about their look when wearing the braces. Invisalign aligners are removable and very practical for individuals who would like to eat their favourite food without concerns. In addition, patients with Invisalign can efficiently clean their teeth and maintain excellent oral hygiene, unlike those with traditional braces. Invisalign treatment can start for patients as young as 7 years old; as it guides the teeth in this young age to follow proper growth sequence and position. Invisalign is an ideal treatment for spaced and crowded teeth as well as bite problems (i.e., crossbite, underbite and overbite).
Violife is one of the few worldwide dental clinics that combine Invisalign treatment with DSD and porcelain veneers. Our practice has long been known for the highest quality of care. Contact us to schedule an orthodontic appointment so we can answer your questions about the most suitable orthodontic treatment options.